Icon
Error

All Forums Inbox Search

9 Pages123Next >>>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SparkBrian
SparkBrian

Was thanked: 1031 time(s) in 408 post(s)

Medals:
Support Team: Support TeamTeam Dakota: This person is a member of Team Dakota.Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantCommunity Advisor: I'm a volunteer Community Advisory Group Member

#1 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 1:52:19 PM(UTC)
This thread is no longer accurate and has been locked.

When Title Update 16 releases on October 5, it will make all in-game content free. Because of this change, we will be refunding purchases made in Project Spark within the last 60 days. Below is the refund process, as well as some FAQs we expect. Also, if you are worried about your Year One Edition purchase counting, all Year One Edition purchases are included within this 60 day window.

Digital Content Refunds
All digital content purchases made since July 28, 2015 will be eligible for a refund. Refunds will be given to purchases in the form of Windows Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5.

Retail Disc Refunds
All retail discs purchased and redeemed between July 28, 2015 and October 5, 2015 are eligible for a refund. If you made a purchase during this period, do not go to your local retailer for a refund, they will not be able to grant one. Retail disk refunds are activated by product key redemptions, and are granted in the form of Windows Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5. If you purchased a retail disc after October 5, 2015, you will not be eligible for a refund through this process. Contact your local retailer.

What about my left over credits and tokens?
Left over purchased tokens in your account will be refunded in the form of Windows Store Credit regardless of date purchased. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5. Tokens gained from the Project Spark Treasure Trove will not be included in refunds, as this does not qualify as a paid transaction.

Tokens will be discontinued and will no longer be shown in your account. Credits will continue to display in your account, but you will no longer need to use these to purchase content. Credits, along with XP and leveling will remain on your profile to show your amount of time/challenge investment in Project Spark.

What about purchases made before July 28?
Unfortunately, we can only honor refund for purchases made since July 28, 2015 (besides unused Tokens). If you spent money before that date, know that you helped support something that will continue to live for your enjoyment and that of many new audiences. We appreciate the investments of everyone in our community.

Who do I contact to get my refund?
You do not need to contact anyone to receive your refund. Refunds will be granted automatically to all eligible users within 30-60 days of October 5.

Can I contact customer support to get my refund earlier?
Customer support will not be able to grant you a refund early. You may contact them with additional questions, but a refund cannot be granted to you by other means than our automatic granting process. If you have not received a refund by December 5 and you believe you are eligible to receive one, then you may contact customer support at that time.

Will future content packs in Project Spark be free?
If we develop future content packs, we will make them available free for everyone. We do not expect to sell any future content we develop.

What about my left over Spark Premium?
With Project Spark’s move to a free model, Spark Premium will be discontinued. You will continue to see 2x gains in XP, which help you level up.

I previously had over 100 Upload Slots. Why do I only have 100 now?
With our move to a free model, we needed to set a fair number of Upload Slots across the board for all users, as Upload Slots will no longer be a purchasable item. We have set the benchmark at 100 available Upload Slot per user. Unfortunately, this does affect users who have previously purchased more than 100 Upload Slots, who will have their total set at the same amount as others.

EDIT: Updated 'Retail Disc Refunds' for clarity and to highlight the difference between a purchase and redemption before October 5th and afterwards.

Edited by moderator Friday, May 13, 2016 1:44:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 4 users thanked SparkBrian for this useful post.
Paradoxmoomoose
Paradoxmoomoose

Was thanked: 1278 time(s) in 786 post(s)

Medals:
GameJam Winner: I'm a winner of a Project Spark GameJam!Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantCommunity Advisor: I'm a volunteer Community Advisory Group MemberThanks!: The community has given me a lot of thanks!Video Star: I talk about Project Spark really actively on Twitch or YouTube!Community Challenger: I took part in a community challenge!Spark Super User: I take being a Project Spark fan to the next level!Rockstar: I've had my level featured in Project Spark!

#2 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 4:04:01 PM(UTC)
Is there a way to see how many of the Tokens I have are *purchased* tokens?
thanks 1 user thanked Paradoxmoomoose for this useful post.
BloodyZombie559
BloodyZombie559

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 105 post(s)

Medals:
Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum Participant

#3 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 6:47:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SparkBrian Go to Quoted Post
Digital Content Refunds
All digital content purchases made since July 28, 2015 will be eligible for a refund. Refunds will be given to purchases in the form of Microsoft Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5.

Is this gonna be like a roll-out thing where some people get it within a few days and others in weeks or are you guys just not sure yet?
Chris8875
Chris8875

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 133 post(s)

Medals:
Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantThanks!: The community has given me a lot of thanks!Rockstar: I've had my level featured in Project Spark!

#4 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 7:19:34 PM(UTC)

What about my left over credits and tokens?
Left over purchased tokens in your account will be refunded in the form of Microsoft Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5. Tokens gained from the Project Spark Treasure Trove will not be included in refunds, as this does not qualify as a paid transaction.

Tokens will be discontinued and will no longer be shown in your account. Credits will continue to display in your account, but you will no longer need to use these to purchase content. Credits, along with XP and leveling will remain on your profile to show your amount of time/challenge investment in Project Spark.

SparkBrian - just as a clarification - if I have left over tokens purchased before July 28, do I get a refund?

Just so I know what to expect in terms of refund/non refund.
SparkBrian
SparkBrian

Medals:
Support Team: Support TeamTeam Dakota: This person is a member of Team Dakota.Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantCommunity Advisor: I'm a volunteer Community Advisory Group Member

#5 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 9:39:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BloodyZombie559 Go to Quoted Post
Is this gonna be like a roll-out thing where some people get it within a few days and others in weeks or are you guys just not sure yet?

All refunds will happen between November 5 and December 5. Unsure whether it will be rolled out or all in one batch. Once we have more details, we'll let you know.

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 9:40:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SparkBrian
SparkBrian

Medals:

#6 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 9:43:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chris8875 Go to Quoted Post
SparkBrian - just as a clarification - if I have left over tokens purchased before July 28, do I get a refund?

Yes, if you have unused Tokens in your account that you previously purchased, you will have those refunded regardless of the purchase date on those tokens. That doesn't include any tokens won through the Treasure Trove. I believe there is a low minimum you will need to have of the number of left over purchased tokens to be eligible for Microsoft Store credit. We are getting clarification on that.

thanks 1 user thanked SparkBrian for this useful post.
DatDucky
DatDucky

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Medals:

#7 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 9:54:02 PM(UTC)
Will future content packs in Project Spark be free?
If we develop future content packs, we will make them available free for everyone. We do not expect to sell any future content we develop.

You say "IF" does that mean you (Team Dakota) are uncertain to create more content, props, and or characters?

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 9:55:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chris8875
Chris8875

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 133 post(s)

Medals:
Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantThanks!: The community has given me a lot of thanks!Rockstar: I've had my level featured in Project Spark!

#8 Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 10:33:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chris8875 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, if you have unused Tokens in your account that you previously purchased, you will have those refunded regardless of the purchase date on those tokens. That doesn't include any tokens won through the Treasure Trove. I believe there is a low minimum you will need to have of the number of left over purchased tokens to be eligible for Microsoft Store credit. We are getting clarification on that.

Thanks Brian - not wishing to sound like a cheapskate or anything ... I did have nigh on 1000 previously purchased and unused credits that I had since added to through the Treasure Trove with the help of the recent 3 months of Premium offer for long-time players/creators.

But as for all the previous purchases .... all of them gave me a lot of joy (and continue to do so) - from a purely financial standpoint they were well worth the investment. From a "supporting Spark and building games viewpoint" they've been worth the price many times over.

Slam Shot Sam
Slam Shot Sam

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Medals:

#9 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:15:52 AM(UTC)
Hi Brian,

I've had a retail disk for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to activating it yet. If I activate the disc now will I get a refund, or are people not eligible if they activate after this announncement?

Thanks,
Sam
Alx
Alx

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 108 post(s)

Medals:
Beta Forum Participant: Beta Forum ParticipantCreator: I promoted my level in the forums with multimedia!Community Challenger: I took part in a community challenge!

#10 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 2:23:00 AM(UTC)

What about my left over Spark Premium?
With Project Spark’s move to a free model, Spark Premium will be discontinued. You will continue to see 2x gains in XP, which help you level up.

Maybe it's time to burn my "hard-earned" tokens to buy premium while I can, and get x2 bonus for 9 additional months. Although I don't really see any reason to gather XP and credits any more. :)

BoonRoxxx
BoonRoxxx

Medals:

#11 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:59:44 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Retail Disc Refunds
All retail discs purchased since July 28, 2015 are eligible for a refund. Do not go to your local retailer for a refund, they will not be able to grant one. Retail disk refunds are activated by product key redemptions, and are granted in the form of Microsoft Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5.

How much money will we be refunded for the Retail version? Do we need to send you the invoice?
oddment1984
oddment1984

Medals:

#12 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 4:02:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BoonRoxxx Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Retail Disc Refunds
All retail discs purchased since July 28, 2015 are eligible for a refund. Do not go to your local retailer for a refund, they will not be able to grant one. Retail disk refunds are activated by product key redemptions, and are granted in the form of Microsoft Store Credit. Store Credit will be given to users within 30-60 days of the Project Spark marketplace removal on October 5.

How much money will we be refunded for the Retail version? Do we need to send you the invoice?

I'd like to know this too. Is there a set amount you will be refunding for the retail version? What would this be in different currencies? I'm in the UK so would like to know in Sterling if possible?
CanadaAckis
CanadaAckis

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 47 post(s)

Medals:

#13 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:01:26 AM(UTC)
What about those who have active purchased premium?
SparkBrian
SparkBrian

Medals:

#14 Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:44:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DatDucky Go to Quoted Post
You say "IF" does that mean you (Team Dakota) are uncertain to create more content, props, and or characters?

We do not have plans for regular DLC moving forward. Not to say we won't release any (hence the "if").

Originally Posted by: Slam Shot Sam Go to Quoted Post
I've had a retail disk for a while now, but I haven't gotten around to activating it yet. If I activate the disc now will I get a refund, or are people not eligible if they activate after this announncement?

If you haven't unlocked it yet, if you do now I believe you should be eligible for a refund.

Originally Posted by: BoonRoxxx Go to Quoted Post

No need to send us an invoice. We'll give Windows Store credit for retail discs at the current MSRP.

Originally Posted by: CanadaAckis Go to Quoted Post
What about those who have active purchased premium?

You will continue to have XP/credit gains at 2x after October 5. That'll still help you level faster. But since there won't be content to unlock (everything free!), you won't have much use for the extra credits.

Edited by moderator Friday, October 02, 2015 10:08:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JoKerDarkKnight
JoKerDarkKnight

Medals:

#15 Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:19:42 AM(UTC)
And how much is the current MSRP? The retail price is different everywhere.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:20:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RadicalKoopa
RadicalKoopa

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Medals:

#16 Posted: Friday, October 02, 2015 10:51:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JoKerDarkKnight Go to Quoted Post
And how much is the current MSRP? The retail price is different everywhere.

That is what I would like to know. Is the windows store credit the online store or does it get credited to our gamer account?
Katsumi
Katsumi

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Medals:

#17 Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 7:08:04 AM(UTC)
I didn't realize or hear about the changes until yesterday, when the update actually went live. I had a starter pack that I opened and redeemed yesterday morning. Am I still eligible for a refund, or am I out of luck? The retailer I purchased it from obviously won't take it back since it's been opened. I purchased it in September.

Thanks for any information!
Owozifa
Owozifa

Medals:

#18 Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 9:18:44 PM(UTC)
Gotta admit I'm a bit befuddled. I just bought the game yesterday (or rather the starter pack disc) from Target. What did I buy?
What's the cut off date for getting credit? It's kind of important to know for sure I'd get something otherwise that really sucks. What do I do to ensure I'm covered in this situation?
x7 ELITE 7x
x7 ELITE 7x

Medals:

#19 Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 2:19:08 PM(UTC)
Same boat as the two above. I bought the game September 29th and only just received the package today due to tropical storms delaying my package. I can't return it, so I'm just going to activate it, but it would be nice to know if I could still be reimbursed. I didn't pay much so it's not too big a deal if I can't be.

My fault for not staying up to date with video game news :P
Patch The Noob
Patch The Noob

Medals:

#20 Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2015 11:04:59 AM(UTC)
Hello,

I have a retail disc and have contacted MS support, who directed me here and told me to post in order to receive my funds. Is there more steps I need like showing a pic of my game?

please advise.
9 Pages123Next >>>